Thursday, August 12, 2010

TaDa!

It didn't take me 2 weeks before the next post! I would have posted 2 days ago, but every time I tried to post, the pictures I had in iPhoto were not showing up here when I tried to find them to download. I had to completely reboot for this blog search to finally see them, but I had too many things open that I didn't want to close for a couple of days before I could reboot...so I had to wait to share here until now. TaDa!

Anyway...I had some time to think on Monday and Tuesday this week while I was trying to not think about my migraine pain....I kept thinking about how strong my desire to, RIGHT NOW, do so many creative things...and do them RIGHT NOW! I want to paint...watercolor and acrylics...I want to try pastel pencils and other things I don't own....I want to quilt, and crochet, and knit...I have more projects I want to do with those crafts that I could never finish in a lifetime! I also do not have enough money to even attempt a 100th of what I want to do and try!....aye, there's the rub!

So, as I lay there, head throbbing with migraine...I tried to stop thinking of all the things I wanted to make and do NOW....and be more realistic. Instead, I tried to think of what I needed to make and craft for Christmas this year....and I still need to come up with the supplies for those.

I did get to do some shopping today to get a few supplies...and managed to forget to get the yarn I needed to start a knitting project I needed to make for a birthday gift! I had gotten SO enveloped in the wonderful pens and pencils, and markers, and paintbrushes, and paints...etc..etc...that I forgot to get the yarn I needed!...Ack! I do have just enough money left to get that yarn, but the weather is SO hot, and the heat advisory is on out there, that I can't breathe well outside, and won't leave the house until I go to church on Sunday...so next week I'll get to the store, and get started on that knitting project.

OK..to make a long ramble a little shorter....I decided to just draw some things I wanted to do in other craft forms...Here's the first....Below is a tree that I think would be a cool part of a 4 seasoned quilt, (This one would be fall of course) but I can also see all of the other seasons in my mind too. I think these squares could be cool made of crocheted squares too!...which would be a blast to make too!

It was pretty fun to do too! I had to use some cheaply, not so great color pencils along with my wonderful Prismacolor pencils...because I didn't have enough Prismacolors colors to do this. SO the paper curled up some...(I did just buy a bunch more of them today...Yippee!) This was SO fun to do and I can already see the other 3 seasons done like this! (And I can also see the corrections for this one too)
Here's the close up:
Next....Below are a few samples of some of the quilts I want to make....Not necessarily in these colors...I just grabbed a 9 color rainbow type color group, and used all 9 colors for each "Quilt block." The first one...a Sudoku quilt...

My husband and I love to work Sudoku puzzles..and one day, my daughter said.."Those would be fun to color in when their done, like a color by number" It got my brain thinking..."I could make a quilt from one!" And since then, apparently, I am not the only one who thought of this fun idea....If you Google image "Sudoku Quilt" you would be amazed how many different ones you'll see!

I still have to find the 9 materials I want for mine....(and money to pay for them LOL) But until then...Here is the exact order the pattern will be that I'm using for it. I may just do a rainbow selection to do mine in....or maybe do it in a monochromatic, or maybe with just 2 or 3 shades and a variance of those shades...Hard to decide, since I want to do them all! ;o)
The next 3 quilting blocks...the appliqued hearts, the stars, and that rotating squares quilts....are all quilts I AM going to make one day....(not counting the ones I'm making for my grandchildren, and the Irish chain pattern I really want to make too)...These are quite a good start to my quilting plans and desires....as soon as I can buy the material..LOL

I drew these like they were on a demential canvas, or on a block of Styrofoam, like I saw at the Styrofoam website, where they took 1" thick, by 12x12 squares of Styrofoam, glued scrapbook paper on them, and 1" ribbon around the sides of the foam and hung them on the wall for home decorations. I wondered what would happen if I did that with my drawings...so I drew it.. Here's the close up:

Bear in mind...I had a migraine, a pretty rough one, when I drew these...(and with no ruler, or anything to make everything straight or uniform) these have many mistakes in them...but you get the idea. :o) Again...even with a migraine...(when I could open my eyes to draw)....these were pretty fun to draw.....and next time, I should use graft paper! LOL

I have a Zentangle coming up the next time I post...but for now....I'll say...Stay cool, and have a great week end!

5 comments:

A tired retired recluse @ Swallowcliffs.blogspot.com/ said...

I love how you plan and write about your quilts! What beautiful quilts they will be when you get them finished. I look forward to seeing a finished one, and perhaps a step by step with patterns post!

Sandra said...

Such terrific pieces created while battling a migraine. Of course, I love the bright colors and the quilt references:)

Alex said...

I absolutely adore the tree! =) I think it's a great idea, and the colors are very attractive.

rrARTz said...

these are really fun! i love your use of design, pattern and color!

Unknown said...

I'll take the season quilt! Love the fall tree!