Monday, June 14, 2010

EDM Shares for #3-7

Well, my Daughter and her family left Sat. afternoon to their new house, and location. So, I had some time to get more drawing done....But I already miss them, and wonder when I'll get to see them all again! The grandchildren grow so fast, they won't look the same the next time I see them...they also probably won't remember who I am either! Now THAT is a hard thing for me!

Anyway....Here are my drawings for the Every Day Matters Challenge:


I decided to make this drawing journal have more than just drawings....after seeing others add the date and weather...I decided to add some things to mine that I'll love to see years from now.

For #3 I tried to waterpaint in this journal, but the paper is SO thin and it wrinkled SO badly that I'm not sure I want to attempt more watercoloring on it, unless it's very minimal...not sure yet. I may try Mineral Spirits with color pencils....we'll see. Until I decide, I just use pencils. Here is the #3, Draw a Purse. I like to draw blanket stitches almost as much as I like to blanket stitch for real! :o)


#4 Draw A Mug or Cup. I just took 2 cups that were different sizes, colors, set them up in a weird position together, and tried to draw them that way. They sure look a lot lighter in the photo then they do in person!

#5 My bed is just a boring frame, but I usually see it in the daytime with my husband sleeping in it, (he works midnights) So....I thought the bed looked much more interesting with him in it...which is the way I see it anyway.

#6 My mother got rid of all of my treasured toys in one of her manic moments while I was at school. I was so upset! So...I tend to cling to things now....But!
My favorite now-a-day toy IS my ipod touch! (It would be an ipad if I had one) :o) I bring my ipod touch with me everywhere! (I call it my itouch for short) It has all of my scriptures in it, where I can highlight them, make note in them....so handy! It has my calendar, a bunch of lists and notes, pics of my grandkids (and my kids LOL) It has some good mind challenging games to get my mind invigorated, It has over 100 books in there to read, and oh yeah....MUSIC too! At home with my wifi, it also has the weather, the internet, facebook, twitter, radio stations....all without paying any monthly fee! It's great waiting in Drs offices, it's handy anywhere I go! Here's drawing #6:
I didn't draw the next challenge on Sunday...it didn't fit the feel of the peaceful, pondering day I was having after such a wonderful, spiritual time at church. So I found a quote I like and drew from there.

When I drew this...I was pondering all of the blessings my kids have brought to me....and how blessed I am. After making this....it looked a little boastful...and that saddened me a lot. It wasn't meant that way when I made it....It was more of a reminder to me as to how I want to live...to always strive to be better...to do good, to serve others, to laugh daily, and pray daily.

I really think that not only have we taught our children things..(hopefully more good things than bad things, because no matter what we do, we're examples, good or bed to everyone we meet, and especially to our children)...
My children have also taught us things...and they have helped us to raise the bar, and try harder to do better ourselves...my kids are pretty good people, and good examples for us too.... and that is just another blessing we have!

#7 Draw a jar from the kitchen. I put this jar in front of the blinds this morning, and it made such a cool warp...that I had to draw it that way!
OK....that's all for now...Back to life.....
Have a great day!
Pam






9 comments:

Peachtreeart said...

Lets hear it for the iTouch!!!!!!!!

Patsy Taylor-Craw said...

You have been very busy. Your sketches are great. I realy like the wavy blinds in the jar.

Alex said...

Lovely pages and awesome sketches! =)

Unknown said...

Great sketches Pam

Unknown said...

What a fabulous post. It was great seeing your thoughts about kids and grandkids, etc. I really like the way that jar turned out. Very cool warping of the mini blinds!

Revelle Taillon said...

Great work! Keep at it!

Lynn said...

You've been drawing a lot! I really like the purse, and the cups. Great job!

Timaree said...

Great drawings! I love the waviness of the blinds in the jar too. And your Sunday page did NOT sound boastful. Remember Mary's song to Elizabeth? You could say that was boastful but it really isn't. That's how I see your page. You are just stating your joy in your children and happiness that you didn't fail them.

I wouldn't try the mineral spirits unless you put something to keep it from soaking into pages beneath it. It's going to go right through that paper. Instead try some watercolor pencils and a waterbrush. That will give you just enough water on the page to move the pigment but not soak the paper too much. Hope it works for you.

My grandson loves his Ipod touch so much his sister decided to get one. I have an Ipod so won't get one. Maybe someday I'll get a fancy phone!

Enjoyed my visit here today!

kazumiwannabe said...

Nice collection of drawings! They're great, with their neat and precise lines. You did a great job with the purse drawing, the stitches look so real!