Monday, June 7, 2010

My New Journal

EDITED NOTE: (I figured out how to stand up this picture, so I'm adding it now. I still haven't colored it in yet, but plan on doing this soon....probably when I get back from Michigan.)

Hi all,
What a beautiful day it is today!
I didn't get to start sketching as soon as I had planned. A visit from my daughter, and her family. They had a seminar, and after visiting for awhile, they were leaving my grandchildren here to watch while they were at their seminar. It's not possible to watch, hold, feed, and cuddle a 5 month old and watch, chase, feed, read to, and cuddle a 2 year old, and get all of the extra's done as well. But, finally, I got a sketch book! I know it's not the best paper, but it was affordable, and nearby to purchase, so we'll see how well it will work for what I'm trying to do. I also pulled out my watercolor pencils, and some watercolors....I think I'm going to try to do some watercolors, and not just sketching....which scares me, but I'm stepping outside of my comfort zone, so I might as well step way out! :o)
Before I drew the challenges, I started on my cover page:

I'm wondering if anyone knows why, when I cropped my pics on my new-ish MacBookPro, that when I put the pics in here, the crop, and the rotating disappeared? What am I doing wrong? I'd Love to know. This cover page will be colored in...I just haven't done it yet....I'l get to that after all of the company leave. :o)

Here is my first Drawing challenge for Every Day Matters.
#1 Draw a Shoe:
(sorry the crop didn't work!)

And here is EDM #2, Draw a Desk lamp. This is a lamp I WISH I had:
I post again after company leaves....
Enjoy your day!
Pam

10 comments:

Cathy Holtom said...

A great start Pam, I like your cover/first page, lovely idea.
Sorry I'm no good with computers but I liked your sketches!

Anonymous said...

Looking good Pam! I'm a Pam too- but I go by PAMO. Anyway- I don't have an answer on your cropping stuff- but off the top of my head, I'd say to make sure you are browsing to a saved edited file when you upload. There shouldn't be any reason that the file is changed in route... maybe it's just not been saved?? I'm sure you'll figure it out.
Welcome back to blogging! Keep at it!

Sandra said...

You met the challenge nicely! Balancing the care of little ones and your own life is a challenge. At least you can rest when they go home:)

Revelle Taillon said...

These are all great! I can't believe you could accomplish all that with the grandkids there. You are truly amazing! As far as the rotation problem, I'm on a Mac and have no idea why it would do that???? Are you using Photoshop to create gifs?

Unknown said...

Your lettering is absolutely fantastic and I can't wait to see it in color! Nice sketches of the shoe and lamp too!

Mari Brown and Colourblob said...

Neat drawings and I hope you will have fun with your June EDM challenge... I tried to do the May challenge, but life kind of took over (I got close). Love the lamp, its unique looking. Looking forward seeing more of your work.

Shirley said...

Wonderful start - and the time spent with grandchildren is an even better gift.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful sketches! I loooove your first page. Keep cuddling those babies!!!

Ann said...

These are great sketches! And I like that cover very much. Sorry, I'm on a pc and don't know what's up with your cropping issues.

K said...

Wonderful sketches, Pam! Glad you've jumped in with it. Hope this is a new start to a love affair with your art.

I can't help you with the technical difficulties though, sorry. The only thing I can think of is are you using iPhoto? That's what I use, and it saves my crop, rotation, etc. I don't scan my photos, but take a digital photo instead in natural daylight, then upload to iPhoto.