Friday, August 6, 2010

Found time to Share...a Lot!

I have had such a busy time the last couple of weeks that I barely had time to draw daily, which I am happy to say I DID complete that goal, even if it was only a couple of minutes right before I went to bed! I love that I've been able to sustain that goal! Well, maybe I should make a goal to post on here more often, because I kept putting it on the bottom of my list, and day after day, it got moved to the list of things to do for the next day......so here is me, catching up with my sharing:
This is not an EDM challenge. It is just me drawing a fun quilt design....something I love to do!
Here's the close up. It took a little longer to do than it looks. I worked on it a little at a time over 3 days....But it was fun, relaxing work while sitting with the family and watching TV with them...so it didn't take time away from anyone, and it was calming too!
This is probably my least favorite work in my whole journal. I was in a hotel in Michigan, exhausted and achy from the long drive. I drew part of it right before going to bed, and finished it quickly before leaving the hotel to go to the family reunion. I like some of the patterns done on it, but it looks just way too busy for me....even for a zentangle.
It does look a little better closeup, so you can see each pattern better:
This was a more organized doodle art..this one I LOVE! I can see me using it for clip art and making cards and such from it!
Here's a close up:
Here's another one. I liked the other one so much, I decided to make another one...This one would be so cute colored in for a valentine!
Close up:
EDM #43 Draw something ceramic AND #283 Draw something shiny. I combined the 2, and also did my first watercolor on watercolor paper. This is a picture-like vase with a spout that my daughter made in ceramics class in college. This vase is special to us...My daughter, Sarah had finished this, and a little time later, her grandma, my mother in law passed away. at the funeral, they gave us one of the candles that had represented her children, and it fits perfectly into the top of this vase. So now, this picture-like vase with a spout, is not a candle holder that reminds os of someone we love very much. (it's Grandma's favorite color too)
It was hard to get the shininess to show up, and the grittiness of the clay. I speckled it with a toothbrush, which you might see close up. I'm just glad I pushed past my fear of trying the watercolor paper. (so afraid of wasting and silly stuff like that!)
Next try at the watercolor paper with my watercolor pencils:
It was fun to do. I need to push past my comfort zone more often. I can already see things I would have done differently on this...but I've got to stop looking at all of the bad things, and focus on the positive things in the things I make....so....I do like this. It was a good practice, and look forward to doing more. Here's a close up"
I drew this at my sister-in-law's house when we were at a Birthday party for my father-in-law. It's hard for him right now with his dear wife passing, we wanted to make sure he felt loved and supported. It was a good day. When the family all settled down to watch the Cubs game, I pulled out my journal, and started this 60's looking doodle art.
"All you need is love.....love...love is all you need" Here's a close up:
EDM#44 Draw an animal... I drew a carousel horse. I saw a picture online, and I used that as my muse, and went on from there to make it my own patterned fun horse!
Now, after I colored (with colored pencils) everything but the horse, I decided to take pictures of the different stages...all of which, I could have stopped and said it was finished. I like each one of them!
Here's the first one, I like the horse white:
Here's #2. the horse white, with golden hair:
Here's #3. The white horse with light brown hair:
Here's #4. Now the horse is tan. I love this one! Cute!
And the final horse. Brown horse with darker brown hair. Can't you just hear the music from the musical "Carousel" playing? la de da da... la la la... la de da da.... la la la... la de da la de da da....." But I regress....
So now, I'm all caught up in my sharing....I hope to share sooner next time! Have a blessed week end!

8 comments:

Alex said...

What a journey! I love all the designs and the colors =)

Vicki Holdwick said...

Pam,

Love your art; especially the mandala style zentangles.

I'm in Michigan and am curious about where you were staying while doing this art.

Thanks for sharing,

xoxo

Shirley said...

Wonderful collection of drawings. Good for you - trying wtercolor paper. Don't you love it?

Sandra said...

Where do I start! Love the pattern, the zentangles are terrific, the lighthouse is great and the horse is really fun. Yeah!

Dan Kent said...

I can see why you wait so long - there are thousands of things here! The pattern looks like you took a long time with it. I think your zentangles are great! I can totally understand the fear. I increased the size of a work and fear made me delay for sometime. I realized it was silly when I was able to do it no problem. Now I am telling myself never to do that again - what a waste of time! I am sure it will happen again though. I think you are doing great with your paintings - I like the progression of the horse. Great post - love to see your work!

nanke's stuff said...

Wow, Pam, you really did a lot! I love your Zentangles and the horse, and you really did a nice job with the lighthouse. Congrats on keeping up with doing a drawing a day. Well done! nancy

Unknown said...

Really nice! I like the horse!

Sara Light-Waller said...

Great job with the sketches and lovely pen & ink patterns. I know how hard cletic knot patterns are to do! Trying to get them right used to make my head swim. Well done. :-)