Wednesday, July 14, 2010

I completed my goal!

Well....I completed my goal of doing the first 31 Every Day Matters suggested drawings...now if only I had had the time to share them on here before now! I'm still doing my "every day, doing something creative" self challenge, and working on improving my drawing skills...and learn some painting skills.

OK...here are my shares of what I have taken pictures of so far:

EDM #23 Draw your foot. This is probably the closest I'll get to doing a self portrait. :o) I did draw them from a photo. I didn't want to draw my feet from how I saw them....instead, I decided to draw them from a position that I've never seen them before, so my daughter took a few pics for me, and this is the one I choose. I liked how peaceful, and even loving they looked in this position. This is the position my feet are in when I'm sitting back.
My family said that they really really look just like my feet. This is what they see when I'm sitting back to draw, or when I'm reading, watching TV, or on the computer...or all of them together! I was surprised to see that I have a new, very faint mole on my heel! You can see it in this close up:
Sunday....the day where I'm drawing, but not doing the regular challenge. I choose to "draw" a quote I love from a talk I really love:
I hope I'm not the only one who can read this quote. I really love it.
Well, started off on Monday with a migraine. After some of my meds kicked in some....I did start this drawing...but could not finish it due to the pain in my head! Migraines prefer to have eyes closed...and that's not the best way to make a detailed "zentangle-like" doodle! I drew this for 2 of my drawing days...where I had a terrible migraine that had lasted BOTH days!

It was drawn bigger than this. I scanned it, then printed it out in less than half of the origional size, so I could see how it looked smaller, and so I could fit it easier on the paper.

EDM #24 Draw a piece of fruit. OK back on track...I was eating blueberries when I was thinking about what fruit I should draw. I found this tiny little blueberry and it had a stem! I don't usually see a stem on them when I get them....so it intrigued me, and I just had to draw the tiny lil' fella! It was hard to make it look like a real blueberry....the funny thing is, it did look like this! not 100% like a real blueberry. Maybe that's what baby blueberries look like. My hubby said it looked like a beach ball with a stick in it. My daughter said it sort of looked like a blue apple. LOL.
They said the size of the drawing just made it look like it was bigger than it was! The berry itself was about 1/4 of an inch high in real life...can you say, "close-up!" :o)
EDM #25 Draw a glass. After I finished drawing this....I began to wonder if when the challenge said "Glass" did it only mean a glass glass? I don't drink any alcohol, so have no "wine glasses" And, after over 30 years running a day care in my home...and raising 5 kids of my own....I really don't have any glass glasses in the house....unless we got them at McDonalds, and have some sort of Disney picture on it. (I do have a couple of those) I had just grabbed what I call a glass...and drew it. :o)


EDM #26 Draw anything you want. Fun! It was such a beautiful, sunny summer day...I drew a flower. I wanted to try my hand at some color pencils, along with some mineral spirits to see how it would work. It really looks much better than this in person. The background in real life looks much more blended, and even a little greener than this shows. It was fun!

EDM #27 Draw a Book. Easy....I chose my favorite book....my Scriptures. After I did the drawing...I decided that I would "draw" the highlights with my very own highlight marker. :o) Then I decided to color in the pink little post it notes I have stuck at the bottom of a few pages of the book. They ARE pink, so I went with it. Again....fun!


EDM #28 Draw an appliance. I looked up the word first to see if I could draw something other than a refrigerator, oven, or toaster (I wasn't in the mood to draw anything "kitchen") When I saw that I could draw something NOT in my kitchen...I went with it! I drew the hair cutting scissors I had pulled out because I need to cut my dogs' hair. (I cut everyone in the house's hair...including our 2 toy poodles) Interesting enough....this drawing almost was the same size of the real scissors themselves!

Sunday...the Sabbath day..the day of rest from things of the world. I LOVE Sundays! I started this Zentangle-like drawing that I wanted to make to use for thank-you cards. There are 3 "Bump" mistakes on this card...the dog was laying on my lap while I was drawing...and three times, the dog jumped from a noise they heard outside...So....I think I'll have to start all over again...or at least add a whole new oval over this one. It would have to be a tiny bit bigger oval than the original one, as one of the mistake bumps are right on the outside edge of the oval, and the other 2 bumps are inside the oval:


It was still fun to draw! It did take me 2 days to finish...in between life and all. :o)
Here are the cards I made from that June 28th drawing. As you can see... I added their names inside of the drawing of the cake....then I let 2 of my kids choose what colors they wanted me to use for their aunt's and uncle's cards.

Here's what's inside this card:

EDM # 29 Draw something Architectural. This is a sunstone off of the Nauvoo Temple in Nauvoo, IL. My 2 married children were married in this Temple. I love Nauvoo, and I love this Temple. I have wanted to do some drawings and paintings of Nauvoo, and decided to start with this.
here's a close-up. The photo I was drawing from was taken from the ground and looking up, so it did make it a little interesting to try to draw the way I was really seeing it, and not how I "thought" it "should" look like. It took some time...but I enjoyed drawing it!
EDM # 30 Draw a Chair. I decided to do something goofy....because I really was in a goofy mood. I really was going to draw the computer chair...but then...ended up being goofy....and that's OK with me! :o)
EDM #31 (and the completion of my 31 challenge! Whoo hoo!) Draw Something You Collect. OK...this was really hard to do. I do collect things..more things than I would want to say...so I randomly picked my rubberstamps. I also have clean acrylic stamps and clear blocks, but I wanted to draw my old school, wooden blocked, rubberstamps. I even drew the "stamping" from the stamp! :o) I love to rubberstamp. You can be so creative with them!

OK...That's all for now...I have to take more pictures of the other drawings I've done. I'm still working out a way to stay more up to date here. It's a work in progress....maybe with the kids gone for the rest of the week (away on a trip) and me being alone most of the week, I can get caught up here!
Have a safe, enjoyable day everyone!
Pam

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

what great sketches - your shading is really good!

Cathy Holtom said...

Well done!
A lot of hard work there and some really good sketches. I like the shading on the blueberry and I'll have one of those goofy chairs for the kitchen please!

Unknown said...

Wonderful job and congratulations on making it through! These are wonderful sketches and you're quite talented with the typography!

donna said...

Great drawings and I love your use of color.