Saturday, July 3, 2010

My Challenges shares 18 - 22

Well, even with good intentions, I still did not post as soon as I would like. I'm behind in the photo taking of my drawings...(I'm almost done with the challenge) and I didn't share as soon as I wanted to. It's amazing how life can get away from you! Then, I tried to share, and I couldn't get the pics to download....maybe this time it will work. (I HOPE!)


So, even though I didn't get the drawings done all in June...I'm OK with that. I would rather they not be just quick scribbles to meet the challenge....Instead, I changed my own challenge to draw something, ANYTHING every day. This challenge, I have met since June 1st. So here are the pics for the ones I have taken pics of....and hope to take pics of the rest of them soon..


#17 (really 18) Draw what you see when you look out your window. This is just a rough scribble....because after I complete this challenge...I want to take some time to really watercolor a pic of what I see from my picture window, and give it to my neighbors for Christmas...so 17 (really 18) is really just a quick scribble in pencil that I threw in some colored pencils to:


# 19 Draw something I made....I first thought of drawing my children! LOL Instead, I drew one of the felt Valentines I made this year for my family. It was almost as much fun drawing the stitches as it is to actually do the blanket stitch on the felt! Fun!
#20, Draw something "Dad" Well...last week, I did make a "Dad" card....so today, I thought of making something my hubby would like, because he IS my 5 children's "Dad". So instead of thinking of my Dad here, I thought of my husband....and what says "Dad" to him? Chocolate and Cubs Baseball....I was still into stitching, so I drew a baseball with the Cubs Logo on it. :o)

Now for #21 Draw something old, antique, or vintage...I drew my Mom's old wedding ring..she gave it to me a few years before she died. (she was divorced) I used to love to look at it when I was little. Unfortunately, I was sick the day I drew this...and looking at it now, I can see how warped and deformed it was! I didn't see it in my book....but when I took the pics of it...and looked at it by itself.....

I could CLEARLY see how bad the left side of this drawing is! ACK! I'm shocked I didn't see it when I was sick! How messed up was I? I almost didn't post it...But felt like I would be cheating my own learning and growing if I did that.
Then #22 Draw a piece of clothing. One of my friends from church makes these cute Bibs made out of terry cloth. The bibs have terry cloth sleeves too. If you want to see what they look like in a picture, her etsy site is:

http://www.etsy.com/shop/janiebugbibs


I hope this link works this time.....I've tried to add it 3 times now. If it doesn't work, just cut and paste it to see her cute bibs.



OK.....I have drawn more...but I haven't taken pictures of them yet. My batteries are charging on my camera....I get to them on Monday morning.
Have a great Sunday!
Pam

1 comment:

Cathy Holtom said...

You've done well to do so many sketches, I especially like the red valentine heart.