Wednesday, July 14, 2010

A Thought After.....

As I was here in the quiet after my daughters left for their Young Single Adult trip to Palmyra, NY. I was organizing my picture folders on my computer, and ran across a bunch of pictures I have on file from the Nauvoo Temple. I started thinking about the Nauvoo Temple, and the sun stone I drew a picture of. I shared that picture in my last post, but never showed what the whole Temple looked like. I decided to post a picture I have of my son and his wife right after they got married in the Temple. (and had to pose for pics from the photographer)

I would show a pic of my daughter's marriage there too...but those pictures are all in the external hard drive from my old, broken down computer. That external hard drive will not work on this Mac....well, it might, but I haven't learned how to do that yet. :o)

Anyway....I have a lot to do this day. I want to get some things done that are easier to do when I'm alone here...but I wanted to first share a picture of the Nauvoo Temple. And for those who read this and are not familiar with this temple...the sun stones are at the top of each "pillar".


The bottom of each pillar has a Moon on it.
There are also Stars above...in stone, and in stained glass windows.
So all....the Sun, the Moon, and the Stars are all represented, carved in the stone. That's a LOT of carving...and stained glass stars too!


I love how the Temple looks different colors depending on the sun. I've seen it look so many colors when I've been able to visit there. (about 4.5 hours away from my home). I would love to do a watercolor that runs along the lines of this sun set picture below:

By the way.....The 3rd picture of the temple here, is close to what I was looking at for my drawing in my last post...if you want to compare.
I'm off to do......I know, I know, don't say it....I was already "off" ;oP
Have a special day all!
Pam

1 comment:

Timaree said...

That is a great drawing of your feet! I haven't seen that quote before but I like it. And, I have done a cake zentangle, put it on cards and sent them off to the birthdays on a group I am in. I colored mine in which I like but I think you did a nicer job on the tangling. Love those swirls for the rosettes.